AcuComm understands that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect the privacy of everyone with whom We work or contact and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any related rights under the law.
- to be informed about Our collection and use of Personal Data
- of access to the Personal Data We hold about you
- to rectification if any Personal Data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- to be forgotten and to ask Us to delete any Personal Data We hold about you
- to prevent the processing of your Personal Data
- to data portability (obtaining a copy of your Personal Data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- to object to Us using your Personal Data for particular purposes.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your Personal Data please contact Us using the details provided below and We will do our utmost to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to resolve the matter, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you need further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk) or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
HOW WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT
All Personal Data is collected, processed and stored for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was collected.
The lawful basis of Our use of your Personal Data is because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, to negotiate a contract with you or because it is in Our legitimate interests.
Your information may be used for the following reasons:
- to fulfil orders to you
- to provide you information, updates and notifications about orders and renewals
- to send you information, newsletters and quotations you have requested
- to invite you to participate in free trials
- to contact you regarding your account with us
- to send you email newsletters and similar notifications
- to monitor or improve the performance of the AcuComm website
- for distributing project information with which you are connected
- for internal record keeping
- for any purpose if We are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority.
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This policy applies only to the actions of AcuComm and the AcuComm website. It does not extend to any websites that may be accessed from the AcuComm website.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may use third parties to perform certain functions on Our behalf including web hosting, sending emails, promotions, removing repetitive information from customer lists, traffic analysis, data analysis, and processing credit card payments. They may have access to your Data to perform their services, but any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that AcuComm request (unless you give consent to further use). Further, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this policy.
In specific circumstances We may have to share your Data with other third parties for their own purposes. Such specific circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- We may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity on Our Site. This may include sharing Data with law enforcement bodies.
- We may be required to disclose your Personal Data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take your privacy into consideration.
HOW AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
AcuComm takes all reasonable physical and technological steps to protect your personal information at its office location. Where AcuComm uses 3rd party providers your personal data is stored on secure servers run and maintained by a reputable and fully GDPR compliant hosting company.
We primarily store and process your Personal Data in the EU/European Economic Area. If we do transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA it will be because We have a legal or legitimate reason to do so. Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside of the EEA include:
- order fulfilment
- payment processing
- technical support services
If your Personal Data cannot be processed within the EEA, We will:
- comply with all other data protection principles
- where possible, process in a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects
- if the transfer is to the United States of America, use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program
- make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your Personal Data held by AcuComm by contacting:
Data Protection Manager
West Sussex, PO19 1BA.
Email: [email protected]
No fee is payable for the information sent to your request.